The Sungold and Sweet Million tomatoes are done for the season. Lord am I going to miss these little gems.
Month: August 2015
- Used our lovely and somewhat impractical old mandolin to shred 1.70 kilograms of cabbage.
- Added 160 grams of carrot
- To that, 27 grams of salt
- 2 teaspoons of peppercorns
- 3 small bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of celery seeds
Whole wheat pasta with squash, borage and nasturtiums from the garden. Plenty of olive oil, brown butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parmigiano reggiano, not from the garden. 😉
The sunflowers are in their prime. What is lovelier than seeing these magnificent plants, which had their start from a tiny unremarkable looking seed? That’s our hop on the vine to the right of the sunflowers. Brown leaves, stunted growth. ¿Qué pasó?